FALL BEAUTY ON A BUDGET
Fall is here, Fall is here, its the best time of the year!!!! It is time for darker, sultry makeup. Smoked eyes or deep gem colored lips. This post is inspired by a look that was sent to me from my best friend (HI STEPH). Very glam and very fall. I will go over all products used and a tutorial on the eye makeup as well. The best part about this post is that everything I used was purchased from TARGET! So if you are on a budget but still want to look fabulous this fall then READ ON!
For this look I went FULL GLAM! Meaning, full coverage, played up eyes, and a super trendy dark purple lip. Every product used was purchased from Target.
FACE : CoverGirl Stay Fabulous Foundation
BLUSH & EYES : PIXI Soft Focus Fresh Palette
BROWS : PIXI Natural Brow Duo
LASHES : Sonia Kashuk Full Drama Lashes
LIPS : CoverGirl Lip Duo in 815 "Flashy"
For the face start out with a clean canvas. CoverGirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation is perfect for that full coverage matte look. It lasts all day and all night with no touching up, it wont budge and its affordable. This is probably my GO TO foundation as of right now. I use shade number 820. For the contour I used the darkest color blusher in the Pixi Palette. Then with a lighter pink go over the apples of your checks lightly. The main focus being the contour. With the lightest blush color, I placed that in my highlight zones. On top of the cheekbone under the eye, bridge of my nose, cupids bow, and chin. Below is an in depth tutorial on how I accomplished the eyes. ENJOY!
1. Start with a clean canvas
2. Using a white base (NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk) Apply to your lids, in the inner corners and around the lower tear duct area. Then taking the White shadow from the palette place it over the white base to set it. Apply it in a patting motion for better color payoff.
3. Using a Fluffy Blending Brush take a very light matte beige color and apply it in a windshield wiper motion above your crease. This is what's called your transition color. Make sure it is blended well. WHEN IN DOUBT, BLEND IT OUT!
4. With a Pencil Brush dab it in a dark brown color. I used the very last shadow color in the palette. Then place it in the crease using the same motion as step 3. Do not go any higher than your transition color.
5. BLEND BLEND BLEND BLEND! Use that same fluffy blending brush from step 3.
6. Using the excess of what is left on your pencil brush I ran it under my lower last line ONLY in the center of the eyes. Don't drag it into the inner or outer corners. Keep it in the center.
7. Using a Black Kohl Pencil I made a very thin liner line along the top lash line and tight-lined underneath the lashes. Tight-lining is totally optional. I do it for every look and personally love it. It makes your lashes appear thicker and fuller.
8. Lastly add your favorite lashes. Mine are the Sonia Kashuk Full Drama Lashes. They are GORGEOUS! So full and luxurious.
That completes the eyes! Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions regarding this.
I love how pigmented and creamy this lipstick is by CoverGirl. Its is the BLASTlipstick duo in number 815 "Flashy". This is the perfect color for fall. It is a warm color that looks great on all skin tones. To apply it I just put it on from the tube, then taking a very small lip brush I lined my lips with the lipstick for a clean precise application.
That sums up this look. Again, all products used were purchased from Target. You can shop for them online at Target.com or head to your neighborhood Target to pick up what you need. If you have any questions regarding this post please feel free to leave them in the comments and I will get back to you. Also, let me know if you have any requests or would like to see more reviews, tutorials, ect. Thanks so much! I hope you loved this post as much as I loved creating it! Love you and GLOW ON!