Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Beauty Tips for Moms on the GO!

As a mother of a wild and fun 2 year old boy, I have come to terms with the fact that I don't have an additional two hours laying around taking my sweet time perfecting my appearance. So I have tried mastering the art of making myself look presentable in a matter of minutes. Here are some tips that I have for you and I hope that they are of some use.

1. Focus on the areas that need the most help. If you have great skin, than skip foundation. If you have great brows than you don't need to fill them in. If you have a naturally beautiful lip color then just throw on some chapstick. If you only have a few blemishes then put a dot of concealer on them and blend it. When you only have a few minutes to get ready, don't worry about doing a full face of makeup. Only go after the areas that bother you.

2. AERESOL anything is OUR FRIEND!!! I am a HUGE fan of aerosol makeup. Ever since having my son I have suffered with acne. (Thanks lil dude!) I have always loved the look of a flawless airbrush finished makeup. I even have a few airbrush makeup kits. (that I now have no time to use) After roaming around killing time at the mall inside of Sephora I came across DIOR Airflash and bought it. It is a bit pricey but I have drugstore alternatives for you. All I can say is WOW! It took less than 30 seconds to get a full coverage flawless look without having to clean up any airbrushing equipment. Every last blemish on my face was concealed and covered. It makes me feel like a million bucks. I am also a huge advocate for Sally Hansens Airbrush legs which you can use over your whole body. Sally Hansen also has aerosol makeup however I have yet to try it. I'm sure it is just as good as the airbrush legs.






3. If you have sparse brows, over tweezed brows, or just plain funny brows then listen up. I feel like the brows are one of the most important features on our face. Imagine a world with no eye brows. Funny, right? There are a few products out that I love right now, but we are talking about speed here. I would have to recommend Anastasia Brow Wiz. It is dual sided. One side is the pencil and the other side is a spooley. I've got this down to a science and can fill my sparse brows in, in about 2 minutes. How I fill my brows in is simple. Just outline your brow shape with the pencil. Add additional pencil to any super sparse areas and then run the spooley through your brows to blend it all and get rid of any harsh lines.



4. MASCARA! I cant live without it. If you are lucky enough to have thick and dark lashes then skip it. If you are cursed with light and barely there lashes like me, I recommend Loreal Telescopic mascara. I have it in both brown and black and love how both look. It goes on easily with no clumping and gives you gorgeous natural looking lashes.

5. Add a touch of color to your cheeks, Using either a bronzer or your fave blush. Just so you don't look like a zombie. Takes less than a few seconds, A little color goes a long way!

6. Lastly, if you have super pale lips like I do and need to bring some life to them without looking overly done up some of my favorite colored lip balms are the Maybelline Baby Lips. They hydrate your lips so well while giving them a tint of natural looking color!

I think that sums it up. The quickest makeup tips I have for us moms on the run. It typically takes me about 15 minutes to get ready if I have somewhere I need to be and a difficult toddler who wont let me get ready. Let me know if you have any questions or requests that I can help you with. Hope you enjoyed.




No comments:

Post a Comment